The overall aim of our group [PPG] is to develop a positive and constructive relationship between patients, the practice and the community it serves, ensuring the practice remains accountable and responsive to all its patients needs.
Our group is affiliated to The National Association for Patient Participation.
Our PPG have named themselves FOSH Firends of Somerton House, they have thirteen members, mainly made up of patients, they will help the Surgery with completion of questionnaires, fund raising, petitions (when necessary) and generally be a point of contact for patients and always welcome new members.
Liaison in the Community
Aims and Objectives
- Link between surgery and patient
- Influence surgery provision
- A listening ear
- Promote Health Education
- Mrs V Henfield – 01761 414341 (Chairperson)
- Ms M Short – 01761 416022 (Vice Chair)
- Mrs S Norris – 01761 412141 (Treasurer)
- Mrs S. Ashman – 01761 410482 (Secretary)
- Dr L Heywood – 01761 412141 (Participating GP)
- Mrs M Orme – 01761 412141 (Surgery member)
- Mr N. Ashman – 01761 410482 (Patient member)
- Mrs J. Millard – 01761 414559 (Patient member)
- Dr J. Chivers – 01761 415402 (Patient member)
- Ms E. Nash – 01761 415816 (Patient member)
If you have any suggestions or need to speak to someone other than a doctor or member of staff at the surgery, regarding a matter which is not clinical, please feel free to contact one of the members above. Also, if you feel you would like to become involved in F.O.S.H. please ring Mrs A. Purnell on 01761 419255.